Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thrift Tour: All Mixed Up

Last weekend I had the pleasure of having back to back meet ups with Lydia and Megan. We've found that last minute planning always works for us for whatever reason. We ended up at our favorite place to go for great deals, Coco's of Madison. Since it was closing it's doors, everything was $5.00. Yes, you read right.  How in our right minds could we pass that up? We made sure to get there right when the doors opened to make sure that we beat the crowds and to get first dibs on some affordable designer pieces. After trying on a leather/tulle Dolce & Gabbana skirt that sadly had a broken zipper, among other items I was scrambling desperately to find SOMETHING!! I walked around several times, until I ended up taking home a pair of taupe slingback Seychelle's platform sandals. Phew! I was having one of those days where  I would've hated to go home empty handed.  Even though the store was closing, we can still visit their sister store Coco's on the Green.

Lydia then led our group to a new to us store called Cinderella's Attic. It will definitely be one of our places to hit when we get together, I can tell. They had a great selection of clothing and some surprising clearance items that were sadly not any of our shoe sizes. I was very content with not purchasing anything after trying on several things, when I found the most perfect orange/coral button down blouse. Why is it that I find things just when I'm about to leave?
Megan checking out what's good for lunch.
Megan and Lydia making sure the photos are just right.
We then headed to the next town over in Guilford for lunch. Of course a day with these gals is not complete without outfit photos.  These were all taken by our lovely photographer, Lydia.
top: tjmaxx / cardigan: merona / jeans: f21 / shoes: nordstrom rack
bracelets: alex & ani / rings: peter indorf / midi ring: urban outfitters

  Our last stop was supposed to be TJMaxx. For whatever reason Megan and I ended up at a different location than Lydia, at least four towns apart so we had to cut our meet up short. That's ok though, because I'm sure that the next time we do one of our meet ups slash budget friendly shopping tours we will be more planful...right? Maybe? Oh heck, who am I kidding.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I love Cinderella's Attic - I found some amazing stuff there. And I just adore Guilford as well...I'm coming for a New Haven/NYC visit this fall and really hoping we can rent a car and head to Guilford for at least a few hours.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

LyddieGal said...

Awww Courtney - I'm sad we weren't more organized when you were still here!!

and next time we need to take more group photos... we've been letting those slide lately.

Jessica said...

It sounds like you have the funnest meet ups. I love your cardigan.

Tracy

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy, we always have so much fun! That shot you got of Lydia and I is too cute! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! $5 sale is awesome, too!

welldressedmaker said...

OOOOH I love green on you, christine! And lucky that you got some $5 Seychelles!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...