Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sunny Days Lead to Flushing

This past weekend my husband and I took my mother in law to Flushing, Queens for a little road trip.  It's been a while since we've driven there, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather (despite super allergies).  We always debate whether or not to try a new Korean barbecue restaurant, but no matter what we end up at the same place; small and quaint but the food is consistently delicious. 
Getting the grill ready and some of the side dishes.
The usual kim chi side dish.  Cannot be missed.
After our (huge) meal, we decided to walk a few blocks to see some of the shops and restaurants in the area.  Definitely a good way to wake up.  When we thought we were "up to here" with food, we stumbled upon a little cute Korean bakery that had an overwhelming amount of pastries, breads, cakes, and donuts galore.  It was way too good to pass up.
Me with my tray
Danishes and donuts
Not sure what they are, but they're cute and tiny and look decadent.
Gluten free treats dripped in chocolate
Can't resist some chocolate bread
A box full of treats
After gawking at all of the pastries and goodies at the bakery, we bought a few (ok, a box full) to take home to try.  We then went to the Korean grocery store where my mother in law bought her groceries that she wouldn't be able to easily find back home.  
With the trunk full of groceries and pastries, we headed back to Connecticut...and traffic. Yay.
All in a day's trip to (Queens) New York.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

Oh my god - all that food looks amazing!!!! Also, I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while, I've pretty much stopped checking my Google Reader and only hit Bloglovin'. Are you on there?

Courtney - http://sartorialsidelines.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh that sounds so fun!! And now I have The Nanny theme song in my head ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Londyn said...

Oh!! I'm so jealous!! Really fun pics :)

Unknown said...

I totally got my dinner from Paris Baguette today.

Yes. It was pastries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...