Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brown Bagging It

Last month, I signed up to participate in the Project Brown Bag organized by Erin of Art Social Online and Louise of Laid Off Mom.  They thought of this super creative idea of passing along a canvas from one person to the next and ending back to the host of the month who will be posting about the creative progress.  For the month of January Louise hosted the project and I was the first one to get the canvas.  My paranoia set in since I was the first guinea pig.  Am I going to do this right?  Do I have enough time?  Oh yea, each person had a set amount of days before sending it to the next person so there was no procrastinating allowed!  

This is how I got my package.  Too pretty to take apart, right?

The canvas.  What the heck to do?!

I went cray cray with my needle and thread.

My end result for a short amount of time.

Off to the next participant.

The canvas went to two other artists who did their thing to the canvas.  There were no limits really, as long as it fit in the brown bag when it's time to mail.  The end result is over at Laid Off Mom  and there's even a silly picture of me in there!!  If you'd like to learn more about how you can participate, check out the link to Project Brown Bag.  For the month of February, Erin will be hosting it...maybe there's still time to sign up!  Shout out goes to Erin and Louise for a great idea to connect strangers through art!

8 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

That's such a fun idea - and I love what you did with it. Hope you've dug yourself out of all the snow from Nemo!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Annie said...

This is SUCH a cool idea...love what you did with it, and can't wait to see the end result!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

LyddieGal said...

how cool! I love that you went right for the yarn and gave it some 3D dimensionality right from the start. got to go see it finished!

lisacng said...

You did a wonderful job with the needle and yarn. very creative! I also paranoid b/c I am joining this month and hope I can be as creative as you 3!

Closet Fashionista said...

Oh wow how fun!! I love what you did and am off to check out the finished product :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

welldressedmaker said...

This is such a lovely idea! And I LOVE that you went 3d with it!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

wow this is such a cool concept!!
xo,
nancy

Micaela said...

I LOVE this idea and what you did with it Christine.

(and also your mustache photo ;) cute!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...