Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Here Birdy Birdy

If you've been keeping up with my posts, you may already know that I love joining craft exchanges.  Especially the Craftaholics Anonymous Craft Exchange Summer 2012 hosted by Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous, who's relentless efforts always make the experience truly worthwhile for all of the participants.  This time, she's joined forces with Elfster to make the craft exchange event go smoother.  Imagine trying to match up hundreds of crafters out there with email address and mailing addresses?? Hello?! That is a job in itself.  Elfster helped her out a little bit with this event, and I think it went pretty well...well enough that I'm excited to join the next one!

My craft exchange giftee loves birds, bird houses, and accessories.  I wanted to incorporate some sewing and crocheting in my gift.  I made a hand sewn bird from the Spool Sewing website and added my own addition of the legs with floral wire.  I like how it turned out since it's able to stand on its own.  It was a pretty easy project so I made another type of bird, this time with my own owl pattern.  I added a loop on top so that it can be hung as a decoration or even an ornament.  I also made her a "delachic" signature necklace with a crochet covered wooden bead on a silver plated chain.  My giftee was very excited to receive her package and so was her little daughter!!! Mission completed!  

Big shout out to the lovely Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous who single handedly organized another successful craft exchange.  I'm down for the next one coming up in November.  If you'd like to participate or see what others have crafted for their partners, please check it out and you can even get an email reminder when it's coming up!!

7 comments:

emma wallace said...

What a wonderful idea! And your little creations are perfectly enchanting.

Courtney Erin said...

That craft exchange sounds really cool - and you made such adorable things!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amber said...

super cute creations. I have the little owl you made me hanging in my home office. :)

Annie said...

The craft exchange sounds awesome! Love the items you sent - SO cute :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

LyddieGal said...

how cute! surprise exchanges are fun, and yeah, i can't imagine trying to organize one, what a challenge!

welldressedmaker said...

awwww christine, you are a sweetheart! I love these little birdies that you've crafted. They are so pretty and sweet!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Julie (http://hintofsweetness.blogspot.com) said...

SO CUTE! I love the owl!
you're really gifted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...