Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Got It From My Mama

As a little girl I watched my Mom use her sewing machine with such skill and made beautiful dresses for my sister and I to wear.  Her ability to draw and paint is amazing.  During my school age years she was also a fantastic "helper" with my intricate and detailed science projects, dioramas, and posters.  When people say "you are just like your Mom" I can proudly "yup, I am!" because of her, I've become who I am now.


Some of the things I learned from my Mama:
Cooking is from the heart.  I've learned some recipes from her, but nothing I cook can replicate her food.
If you're going to do it, get it done right [my perfectionist side]
Sometimes we have to sacrifice our own wants for the sake of family.
Surviving the tough times in life will make someone stronger, but there's nothing like the support of family.
Money isn't the most important, but happiness is.
The strength of a woman will always be tested, but it is how she recovers will determine how strong she is.
No matter what a pain I was when I was growing up, there's nothing else better than knowing that my Mama was always there for me.
Thanks Ma!

By the way, here's my first outfit post!! This counts, right?

9 comments:

lizchewy said...

Your mother is beautiful!! Such a sweet post.

xoxo
Liz

chewylove.blogspot.com

Annie said...

How sweet is this post?! Love it :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Courtney Erin said...

This is beyond cute!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Aww yay what cute photos! :D
And yes, gotta love lessons learned from mommies! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

Hahaha your first outfit post is awesome! Please replicate the hands on the hips pose.

Amanda said...

This is such a sweet post! I think Mother's day should be every day!

Super cute pictures!

xx
Amanda
MyCowlick.blogspot.com

Daniela said...

Your pose in the first photo is priceless :)

simplyvonne said...

look at how sassy you look in the first photo! i learn how to cook from my mom too :) you mom is definitely beautiful.

ps. the candy is from kaylee's party and i left it there! haha too lazy to put away :D

Naina said...

Aw this is adorable, of course it counts!

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com
GIVEAWAY: Neon Metal 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...